Tuesday 19 July 2011

Say NO to Academy in Whickham

Tommorrow, Wednesday 20th July, members of the union NASUWT at a Whickham School will take industrial action following the school making the decision to opt for academy status.

The school propose to convert to academy status without the governors consulting with parents nor staff.

There decision to take industrial action follows on from a protest held on 16th July where both parents and pupils joined teachers and support staff in a succesful protest.

Unfortunately I cannot join the protest tommorrow as I have a UNISON national meeting to attend although I do hope my colleagues from UNISON will be in attendance offering support.(Please send photos to flemingi@me.com)

To join the protest you need to be at Whickham School, Burthouse Lane, Whickham, NE16 5AR between 8-9am.

Show your solidarity and support the staff at Whickham to say NO to Academies.

Best Wishes for the day


Ian Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment